Keeping You Safe and Well
It's been a loooong and very quiet four months without you and we can't wait to welcome you to Wooda from 4th July 2020 onwards! The ‘Wooda experience’ is going to be a little different this year but we have every confidence you will still have a wonderful holiday.
* Please note: The below is based on our initial guidance which is lead by Government guidelines and any of the information below could change without prior notice. We will only re-open facilities as and when it is safe to do so and we will regularly review our processes and operations to ensure a new normal is enjoyed by our guests as soon as it is safe.
Welcome To Wooda
Keeping everyone safe and well is our absolute number one priority and whilst we have been closed, we’ve used the time to review our procedures and found new and innovative ways of operating as a business. We’ve been working hard on a rigorous re-opening plan that balances hygiene, health and happiness for our guests, team and local community.
We’ve minimised the amount of person – to person contact, introduced online check-in, reduced our occupancy levels so there will be less people on site at any one time which will give everyone more space and make it more enjoyable. We hope our plan will give you the confidence to holiday knowing we are doing everything possible to keep you as safe as we can.
We have had to change a few things this summer and our teams might be wearing face masks but we’re still here to help you make holiday memories that last a lifetime.
See you soon,
We want everyone to feel as safe as possible but still have a wonderful holiday so for us it’s all about perfect planning and being prepared! We hope we have thought of everything so you can relax and enjoy your break beside the sea! If you would like to ask us anything, please contact our reservations team who would be more than happy to help – 01288 352069.
We have designed a new online check in process to enable you to enter your accommodation or find your pitch without having to visit reception.
How it will work:
Before You Arrive….
2 days before arrival: We’ll email you with everything you need to know about your break including which activities are open at Wooda and where you MUST visit whilst you’re on holiday in Cornwall. This email will also include the name of your accommodation or pitch number as well as a map of the Park so you can locate where you need to go.
On the day of your arrival: we’ll send you a check-in email with a link that will allow you to check-in online when you arrive with us. If you’d rather, you are welcome to call us on 01288 352069 to let us know you’re here. Its really important that you check in using either option so we know who is on-site.
We need to keep an accurate record of the exact numbers on site so please do NOT check in until you’ve arrived at Wooda.
We will also ask you to complete a short pre-stay health questionnaire to declare that no one in your party has any symptoms of coronavirus.
Accommodation Arrivals: When your accommodation is ready we’ll text or call you to let you know your accommodation is ready! We will also then give you a code to access your key safe box. Please do NOT try to enter your accommodation without a text or call from our reservations team.
Touring and Camping Arrivals: you are welcome to arrive from 12 noon onwards.
All keys to holiday homes, cottages and lodges will be sanitised and left in key boxes at the front of your accommodation. If you have any problems entering your accommodation, please call 01288 352069 and someone will be able to help you. On departure, please return your key to reception so we know your accommodation has been vacated before our cleaning teams enter.
Check In Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-in is from 4pm
Touring and Camping – Check-in from 12pm
Check Out Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-out is strictly by 10am. Please vacate your accommodation promptly to give our teams as much time as possible to clean.
Touring and Camping – Check-out by 10.30am.
If you or any member of your party has had any symptoms of coronavirus during your stay, please make sure reception have been informed.
Touring and Camping
You are able to relax knowing that this year we have limited the number of pitches to allow us to maintain social distancing requirements and give everyone more space.
Toilet and Shower Facilities
Whilst there is always a risk associated with using shared facilities, we will make this as low as possible by following careful cleaning procedures and ask that you follow regular hand washing and social distancing guidelines at all times. We also ask that face coverings are worn at all times for those aged 11 and over (except for when you are washing your face, cleaning your teeth or taking a shower of course!). This is inline with recent Government guidance which can be found here, to protect our staff and others as you are in an inside area with people you do not normally come into contact with.
All children must always be accompanied by an adult when using the facilities.
Some of the toilet and shower cubicles will be closed to limit the amount of people inside the building at anyone time. If the facilities are all in use, we ask that you stand outside and wait or return at another time. Please do not spend any more time inside the blocks than you need to, and when inside we ask you try to keep 2 metres apart.
ALL OUR FACILITIES WILL BE DEEP CLEANED DAILY AND CHECKED REGULARLY. FACILITIES WILL BE CLOSED WHEN CHECKS AND A DEEP CLEAN ARE TAKING PLACE.
Please note: the hairdryers and electric points will not be available as prolonged periods of time spent inside the buildings has to be reduced.
We have four family bathrooms on site and each is available to hire on exclusive basis for the duration of your stay – the charge for this is £15 per day. They must be booked for the duration of your stay. They will be available from 12pm on the day of your arrival and have to be vacated by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
To limit contact – the bathrooms will only be cleaned by our teams on departure but cleaning products will be available for you to use as you wish. If you would like to book a bathroom, please call 01288 352069.
Our dishwashing sinks have been arranged to accommodate for social distancing. You will notice every other sink has been closed off. Please sanitise your hands before and after use using the hand sanitiser provided. Please also wipe down the sink after each use.
The laundrette will be open daily but please adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules where possible. We also ask that you use hand sanitiser before entry and wear a face covering too.
Elsan Points and Motorhome Emptying Points
These facilities will be available as normal and will be cleaned and checked regularly.
Keep Your Distance
Set in 100-acres of farmland, space is something we and our guests are very used to but in higher footfall areas we have introduced new measures to help keep everyone a safe distance apart.
- Fewer people on site as we have reduced occupancy across the park
- Public areas have been re-designed to maintain social distancing
- Please stay at least 2 metres apart where possible
- Only 4 people are allowed in The Farm Shop at any one time – and all children must be accompanied by an adult. As of 24th July, face coverings will be compulsory for all persons over the age of 11 when using The Farm Shop.
- We’ve introduced new signage to help remind and clarify the distance we should all stay apart
We have always prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our accommodation and facilities but now we’re taking it to the next level with a focus on key risk areas such as toilet and shower facilities.
You will also find hand sanitiser points across the park and we ask that these are used regularly. We’re also becoming a cash free zone so please use contactless cards where possible when paying.
- On check-out each of our holiday homes, lodges and cottages will be deep cleaned and sanitised with extra care taken at high-touch points
- When departing accommodation we ask that you leave the windows open if the weather allows you to do so. We would also be grateful if you could strip the beds, placing your used bedding in the yellow bin bag provided.
- All linen, towels and bedding will be washed to Government advised standards at a 60°C+ temperature this kills all known bacteria and viruses. Linen in our holiday accommodation will be left untouched for you to make up your beds. Please feel free to bring your own linen if you would like to.
- Check-in time is strictly 4pm to give us extra time to clean unless we contact you and invite you to arrive earlier.
- We will be using highest grade of cleaning products on the market and the same products used by the NHS that kill all viruses, bacteria, spores, mould, fungi, yeast and biofilms. The kill rate is 99.99998% or Log Kill 7. The antiviral sprays will be used throughout all areas of accommodation including all surfaces, door handles, switches, remote controls, window handles, furniture, all kitchen appliances including cutlery and the drawers as well as wardrobes and cupboards. All soft furnishings, mattresses and bedding will also be sanitised.
- Hand sanitiser with 70% alcohol will be stationed throughout the site – please use regularly and remember to wash your hands with soap as often as possible to keep yourself and loved ones safe. We also advise you bring your own hand sanitiser with you to use when you’re out and about. It is also available to purchase from the Farm Shop. We ask all persons over the age of 11 wear face coverings in all public inside spaces, such as the reception, shop, launderette and toilet and shower facilities.
Food & Drink
We are huge foodies and love nothing more than enjoying al fresco suppers, sunset drinks with loved ones and tucking into homemade dishes but we’ve had to change a few things.
The Courtyard and The Loft will not be open this summer but to make up for it The Lodge Takeaway will be offering daily Specials and we’re introducing new hampers that can be pre-ordered to enjoy in the comfort of your accommodation (coming soon!)
- The Courtyard and The Loft will be closed
- The Lodge Takeaway – please click here to view the menu and place your order. Breakfast and lunch options will be offered in addition to evening meals and the menu will include a selection of family favourites, daily specials, beers and wines. Breakfast and lunch options, and beers and wines are coming soon – the online menu will be updated as and when they become available.
All food orders for the Takeaway must be made in advance via the website, or you are able to call to place your order when the takeaway is open.
We have positioned extra picnic benches around the site so you can dine al fresco!
Careful cleaning procedures will of course be followed at all times.
We are doing our best to open as many activities as we possibly can but to meet government guidance, not all our activities and facilities will be available this year –
Tennis Court: Open and free of charge. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to hire equipment so please bring your own rackets and balls. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Pitch ‘n’ Putt: Open and free of charge. Unfortunately we are unable to provide equipment but if you have your own, you are welcome to use the course at your own risk. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Woodlands: Open – they provide an amazing space for everyone to enjoy. The mountain bike trail, pixie walk, nature trail will all be open. You will even find a new tree house within the woods but it’s exact location is top secret so you’ll have to go on a hike to find it!
Fishing Lake: Open and free of charge. Your own equipment must be provided, and the lake is used entirely at your own risk. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Segways: Open – new for this season. Do you dare? Please click here for more information.
The Farm Animals – always ready and waiting to say hi – they’ve missed everyone!
Sports Barn/Gym/Soft Play/Games Room: Unfortunately these facilities will remain closed throughout 2020.
Wellness at Wooda: Open by appointment in line with Government guidelines. Please click here for more information.
Please note: We reserve the right to close, alter or restrict, the usage of any of the parks facilities or activities without prior notice to ensure we comply with Government guidelines and health and safety measures. Our Guests and Staff members health and safety will always be our priority and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding should activities and facilities be restricted during your stay.
Kindly Note: We will update guests in our pre-arrival email with regards as to what facilities will be available during their stay.
Our reception staff will be ready and waiting as usual to answer any queries you may have whilst you’re staying with us but there will be some changes –
- Check-in and out will take place online
- Only three people will be allowed into reception at any one time. Face coverings must be worn.
- We ask that you stay 2 metres apart at all times by using the stickers on the floor
- If you can, please call the reception team on 01288 352069 to ask questions/find out information rather than popping in
- Our staff are now sat behind screens and if they wish will be wearing masks/face guards
Reception will be open from 8am (9am on Sunday) until 6pm daily. From the 25th July reception will be open until 7pm.
The Farm Shop
Our well-stocked farm shop will be on hand for all your daily essentials and this year we have added even more products to help alleviate the pressure on the local supermarkets, as we imagine these will be very busy and who wants to be stuck in a supermarket queue when you’re on holiday – no one!
- Only 4 people will be allowed in the shop at any one time
- Please use the hand sanitiser upon entry and exit
- If needed, please queue outside and make sure you’re 2 metres apart
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Contactless payment is encouraged
- Fresh bakery items will still be provided and individually wrapped but unfortunately we won’t be selling daily newspapers.
- As of 24th July, face coverings must be worn at all times.
The Farm Shop will be open from 8am (9am on Sunday) until 6pm daily. From the 25th July it will be open until 7pm. Our Farm Shop will be closed from 1st November 2020.
This year, we are delighted to have introduced Happy Hampers. More information on these is on its way – watch this space!
We will accept online supermarket deliveries but ask that you make sure you’re contactable and onsite to receive your delivery.
Kid's Play Areas
The children’s play area will be open but we are asking that everyone uses the hand sanitiser stations positioned at the entrance – please use on entry and exit. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We are awaiting further government guidance but as it currently stands, the soft play area will remain closed for 2020.
Wellness at Wooda
Wellness at Wooda is open by appointment in line with Government guidelines. Limited hours and treatments available. Please click here for more information.
Visitors To Wooda
Visitors to Wooda are more than welcome!
Please call reception head of their arrival so we can take their details. We have to take their details to comply with the government’s Track and Trace system.
Call Reception – 01288 352069.
Our 'New' Normal
We've always taken health and safety seriously but the new normal calls for new measures and we've enhanced our procedures and protocols in response.
We run a totally re-designed operation to reduce the risk of virus transmission
We clean and sanitise to industry-leading standards
We use PPE across our site, work at distance and remote work where possible to protect our staff and visitors
Measures For Reducing Risk
We’re Good To Go
The “We’re Good To Go” industry standard mark is a self-assessment scheme that has been designed by VisitEngland in partnership with the national tourist organisations Tourism Northern Ireland, Visit Scotland and Visit Wales to provide a ‘ring of confidence’ for all sectors of the tourism industry, as well as reassurance to visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing.
We’re proud to say We’re Good To Go which means –
- Covid-19 protect processes are in place
- Employees are briefed and trained accordingly
- Risk Assessments for COVID-19 have been carried out
- Key guidelines including social distancing and cleanliness are adhered to
Spot checks at random will be carried out by Visit England to make sure us and all other businesses within the Good To Go scheme are complying to regulations. There will be no advance warning and these checks will be a mixture of telephone and physical brief visits to check that the key elements of the self-assessment are in place.
Nothing is more important to us than family and that includes are extended family – our dedicated and much loved team. We have and will continue to do everything we can to protect them that includes new training and operating with new levels of health and hygiene. We will be checking in with our teams on a more regular basis to make sure everyone is well and feeling happy in the workplace.
We will be making sure on a daily basis that anyone who comes into work will be symptom-free and fit to do so.
Beyond our immediate team, we will be working with partners and suppliers to communicate our new procedures and process and make sure they’re complying too.