Keeping You Safe and Well
Following the latest Government Roadmap Announcement yesterday, we are excited to say that we will reopening on 12th April 2021! This will be for self-contained accommodation units only, along with touring caravans and motorhomes with their own onboard facilities, and you will only be able to holiday with members of your own household.
Below you will find information about the facilities and activities that will be available to you throughout your stay. We will of course review the guidance as is necessary and based on Government legislation at the time.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Team Wooda x
Welcome To Wooda
Keeping everyone safe and well is our absolute number one priority. We are excited to confirm that we will be able to reopen our gates 12th April, but this will only be in a self contained capacity. Our toilet and shower facilities will be unable to reopen before 17th May 2021.
Our check in operations and onsite procedures will be very similar to those of 2020 for now; however we hope to be able to re-open our on-site facilities in line with Government guidance. Please see the information below, and we will keep you updated with any changes.
We can’t wait to welcome you soon!
We want everyone to feel as safe as possible but still have a wonderful holiday so for us it’s all about perfect planning and being prepared! We hope we have thought of everything so you can relax and enjoy your break beside the sea! If you would like to ask us anything, please contact our reservations team who would be more than happy to help – 01288 352069.
We have designed a new online check in process to enable you to enter your accommodation or find your pitch without having to visit reception.
How it will work:
Before You Arrive….
2 days before arrival: We’ll email you with everything you need to know about your break including which activities are open at Wooda and where you MUST visit whilst you’re on holiday in Cornwall. This email will also include the name of your accommodation or pitch number as well as a map of the Park so you can locate where you need to go.
We invite you to use the check-in link to create your customer account. If you have not created a customer account with us before, you will have to go through a couple of steps to do so, including being sent a validation code. You will need to use this customer account to check in when you arrive at Wooda, so setting it up before arrival will save you some precious holiday time!
Step by step instructions to create your account;
- Click the link provided in your ‘pre arrival’ email. It will ask you to enter your booking reference or email address; it should be pre-filled, but if not then please be sure to enter your booking reference correctly, or use the email address you used when making your booking initially.
- If you have already created a customer account previous to receiving this email, it will take you through to your customer area. If you haven’t created a customer account before, you will be sent a validation code via email. Please enter this validation code into the relevant box once received. You should then be able to log in.
- PLEASE DO NOT CHECK IN UNTIL YOU ARE HERE AT WOODA. It is important you don’t complete your check in process until you arrive with us so we have an accurate record of who is onsite. The setting up of your customer account will save you time on arrival.
On the day of your arrival: we’ll send you a check-in email with a link (the same link as above) that will allow you to check-in online when you arrive with us. If you have already created your account, it should be a straight forward process. If you’d rather, you are welcome to call us on 01288 352069 to let us know you’re here. Its really important that you check in using either option so we know who is on-site.
We need to keep an accurate record of the exact numbers on site so please do NOT check in until you’ve arrived at Wooda.
We will also ask you to complete a short pre-stay health questionnaire to declare that no one in your party has any symptoms of coronavirus.
Accommodation Arrivals: You will have received your accommodation key code in your check in email (sent to you on the day of your arrival) which will allow you access to the key box outside your accommodation. We sincerely ask that you please, please do not arrive before 4pm on the day of your arrival – as tempting as this might be your accommodation WILL NOT be ready before 4pm on the day of your arrival.
Touring and Camping Arrivals: you are welcome to arrive from 12 noon onwards. You will have received your pitch number in your pre-arrival and check in emails.
All keys to holiday homes, cottages and lodges will be sanitised and left in key boxes at the front of your accommodation. You will receive your key code in your check in email sent to you on the day of your arrival. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 4PM. If you have any problems entering your accommodation, please call 01288 352069 and someone will be able to help you. On departure, please return your key to reception so we know your accommodation has been vacated before our cleaning teams enter. Your accommodation must be vacated before 10am on the day of your departure.
Check In Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-in is strictly from 4pm
Touring and Camping – Check-in from 12pm
Check Out Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-out is strictly by 10am. Please vacate your accommodation promptly to give our teams as much time as possible to clean.
Touring and Camping – Check-out by 10.30am.
If you or any member of your party has any symptoms of coronavirus during your stay, please follow Government guidance. If your test result is positive, we ask that you return home as soon as possible.
Touring and Camping
OUR TOILET AND SHOWER FACILITIES WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL 17th MAY 2021.
Toilet and Shower Facilities – CLOSED UNTIL 17th MAY 2021
Whilst there is always a risk associated with using shared facilities, we will make this as low as possible by following careful cleaning procedures and ask that you follow regular hand washing and social distancing guidelines at all times. We also ask that face coverings are worn at all times for those aged 11 and over (except for when you are washing your face, cleaning your teeth or taking a shower of course!). This is inline with recent Government guidance which can be found here, to protect our staff and others as you are in an inside area with people you do not normally come into contact with.
All children must always be accompanied by an adult when using the facilities.
Some of the toilet and shower cubicles will be closed to limit the amount of people inside the building at anyone time. If the facilities are all in use, we ask that you stand outside and wait or return at another time. Please do not spend any more time inside the blocks than you need to, and when inside we ask you try to keep 2 metres apart.
ALL OUR FACILITIES WILL BE DEEP CLEANED DAILY AND CHECKED REGULARLY. FACILITIES WILL BE CLOSED WHEN CHECKS AND A DEEP CLEAN ARE TAKING PLACE.
Please note: the hairdryers and electric points will not be available as prolonged periods of time spent inside the buildings has to be reduced.
Family Bathrooms – OPEN FROM 12th APRIL
We have four family bathrooms on site and each is available to hire on exclusive basis for the duration of your stay – the charge for this is £15 per day. They must be booked for the duration of your stay. They will be available from 12pm on the day of your arrival and have to be vacated by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
To limit contact – the bathrooms will only be cleaned by our teams on departure but cleaning products will be available for you to use as you wish. If you would like to book a bathroom, please call 01288 352069.
Dishwashing Facilities – CLOSED UNTIL 17th MAY 2021
Our dishwashing sinks have been arranged to accommodate for social distancing. You will notice every other sink has been closed off. Please sanitise your hands before and after use using the hand sanitiser provided. Please also wipe down the sink after each use.
The Laundrette – CLOSED UNTIL 17th MAY 2021
The laundrette will be open daily but please adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rules where possible. We also ask that you use hand sanitiser before entry and wear a face covering too.
Elsan Points and Motorhome Emptying Points – AVAILABLE FOR USE FROM 12th APRIL
These facilities will be available as normal and will be cleaned and checked regularly.
Keep Your Distance
Set in 100-acres of farmland, space is something we and our guests are very used to but in higher footfall areas we have introduced new measures to help keep everyone a safe distance apart.
You’ll find that:
- Public areas have been re-designed to maintain social distancing
- We ask you to please stay at least 2 metres apart where possible
- Only 4 people are allowed in The Farm Shop at any one time – and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Face coverings are compulsory for all persons over the age of 11 when using The Farm Shop. Contactless payment preferred but cash will be accepted.
- Reception will also be limited to 2 people at any one time; please feel free to give us a call on 01288 352069 if you require any assistance throughout your stay and we will be more than happy to help.
- We’ve introduced new signage to help remind and clarify the distance we should all stay apart
We have always prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our accommodation and facilities but now we’re taking it to the next level with a focus on key risk areas such as toilet and shower facilities.
You will also find hand sanitiser points across the park and we ask that these are used regularly. We’re also becoming a cash free zone so please use contactless cards where possible when paying.
- On check-out each of our holiday homes, lodges and cottages will be deep cleaned and sanitised with extra care taken at high-touch points
- When departing accommodation we ask that you leave the windows open if the weather allows you to do so. We would also be grateful if you could strip the beds, placing your used bedding in the yellow bin bag provided.
- All linen, towels and bedding will be washed to Government advised standards at a 60°C+ temperature this kills all known bacteria and viruses. In our holiday homes, linen will be left for you to make up your beds. Please feel free to bring your own linen if you would like to. The beds will be made up in our holiday cottages, and Gwelva Hills lodges.
- Check-in time is strictly 4pm to give us extra time to clean, unless we contact you and invite you to arrive earlier.
- We will be using highest grade of cleaning products on the market and the same products used by the NHS that kill all viruses, bacteria, spores, mould, fungi, yeast and biofilms. The kill rate is 99.99998% or Log Kill 7. The antiviral sprays will be used throughout all areas of accommodation including all surfaces, door handles, switches, remote controls, window handles, furniture, all kitchen appliances including cutlery and the drawers as well as wardrobes and cupboards. All soft furnishings, mattresses and bedding will also be sanitised.
- Hand sanitiser with 70% alcohol will be stationed throughout the site – please use regularly and remember to wash your hands with soap as often as possible to keep yourself and loved ones safe. We also advise you bring your own hand sanitiser with you to use when you’re out and about. It is also available to purchase from the Farm Shop. We ask all persons over the age of 11 wear face coverings in all public inside spaces, such as the reception, shop, launderette and toilet and shower facilities, following Government guidance.
Food & Drink
We are huge foodies and love nothing more than enjoying al fresco suppers, sunset drinks with loved ones and tucking into homemade dishes but we’ve had to change a few things.
We are hoping to open The Courtyard and The Loft in line with the Government guidance after 17th May. Unfortunately we are unable to facilitate outdoor eating and drinking in these areas, but The Lodge Takeaway will be open from 12th April onwards offering a delicious menu and selection of daily specials.
- The Courtyard and The Loft will be opening in line with Government guidance for indoor dining, after 17th May 2021.
- The Lodge Takeaway will be open from 12th April 2021 onwards – please click here to view the menu and place your order. The lodge will be offering a selection of family favourites, specials, beers and wines.
All food orders for the Takeaway must be made in advance via the website, or you are able to call to place your order when the takeaway is open by calling on 01288 352144.
Careful cleaning procedures will of course be followed at all times.
Our local pub, The Preston Gate Inn, is within walking distance of Wooda and will be opening for outdoor enjoyment from 12th April. Please see their website or give them a call on 01288 354017 for more information or to book a table.
We are doing our best to open as many activities as we possibly can but unfortunately not all our activities and facilities will be opening just yet.
Tennis Court: Open – £5 per hour. Please call reception on 01288 352069 to book your timeslot. Unfortunately we won’t be able to offer hire of equipment so please bring your own rackets and balls. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Pitch ‘n’ Putt: Open and free of charge. Unfortunately we are unable to provide equipment but if you have your own, you are welcome to use the course at your own risk. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Woodlands: Open – they provide an amazing space for everyone to enjoy. The mountain bike trail, pixie walk, nature trail will all be open. You will even find another tree house within the woods but it’s exact location is top secret so you’ll have to go on a hike to find it!
Fishing Lake: Open and free of charge. Your own equipment must be provided, and the lake is used entirely at your own risk. Please be sure to inform reception if you are intending on using the lake so we can keep a record of the number of people using it at any one time. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Segways: Open – new for this season. Do you dare? Please click here for more information.
The Farm Animals – always ready and waiting to say hi – they’ve missed everyone! Don’t forget to say hi to our new pigmy goats, Apricot and Flo! The Alpacas will be ready and waiting to say hi too! You’ll find them by strolling a little way into the woodland – they love overlooking the fishing lake!
Sports Barn/Gym/Soft Play/Games Room: These facilities will remain closed until at least 17th May. Your safety is our top priority, and we will open these facilities as and when we are able to.
Wellness at Wooda: Open by appointment in line with Government guidelines. Please click here for more information.
Please note: We reserve the right to close, alter or restrict, the usage of any of the parks facilities or activities without prior notice to ensure we comply with Government guidelines and health and safety measures. Our Guests and Staff members health and safety will always be our priority and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding should activities and facilities be restricted during your stay.
Our reception staff will be ready and waiting at the end of the phone to answer any queries you may have whilst you’re staying with us but there will be some changes –
- Reception will be open from 8am – 6pm daily, with a limited footfall of 2 people or one household at any time. You are also able to call on 01288 352069 if you require any assistance throughout your stay. The phones will be manned from 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday. Please use the emergency contact numbers in the window of reception if you require any assistance outside of these times.
- Check-in and out will take place online.
The Farm Shop
Our well-stocked farm shop will be on hand for all your daily essentials and this year we have added even more products to help alleviate the pressure on the local supermarkets, as we imagine these will be very busy and who wants to be stuck in a supermarket queue when you’re on holiday – no one!
- Only 4 people will be allowed in the shop at any one time
- Please use the hand sanitiser upon entry and exit
- If needed, please queue outside and make sure you’re 2 metres apart
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Contactless payment is encouraged
- Fresh bakery items will still be provided and individually wrapped but unfortunately we won’t be selling daily newspapers.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
The Farm Shop will be open from 8am (9am on Sunday) until 6pm daily.
This year, we are delighted to have introduced Welcome Hampers. These can be requested at the time of booking. You can also email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01288 352069 to add one to your reservation, or add one at the time of making your reservation if you are super organised!
We will accept online supermarket deliveries but ask that you make sure you’re contactable and onsite to receive your delivery.
Children's Play Areas
The children’s play area will be open but we are asking that everyone uses the hand sanitiser stations positioned at the entrance – please use on entry and exit. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We are hoping the soft play will open in line with Government guidance.
Wellness at Wooda
Wellness at Wooda will be open from 12th April onwards by appointment in line with Government guidelines. Limited hours and treatments available. Please click here for more information.
Visitors To Wooda
Visitors will be welcomed to Wooda after 17th May 2021. Please inform reception if you have any visitors throughout your stay.
Our 'New' Normal
We've always taken health and safety seriously but the new normal calls for new measures and we've enhanced our procedures and protocols in response.
We run a totally re-designed operation to reduce the risk of virus transmission
We clean and sanitise to industry-leading standards
We use PPE across our site, work at distance and remote work where possible to protect our staff and visitors
Measures For Reducing Risk
We’re Good To Go
The “We’re Good To Go” industry standard mark is a self-assessment scheme that has been designed by VisitEngland in partnership with the national tourist organisations Tourism Northern Ireland, Visit Scotland and Visit Wales to provide a ‘ring of confidence’ for all sectors of the tourism industry, as well as reassurance to visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing.
We’re proud to say We’re Good To Go which means –
- Covid-19 protect processes are in place
- Employees are briefed and trained accordingly
- Risk Assessments for COVID-19 have been carried out
- Key guidelines including social distancing and cleanliness are adhered to
Spot checks at random will be carried out by Visit England to make sure us and all other businesses within the Good To Go scheme are complying to regulations. There will be no advance warning and these checks will be a mixture of telephone and physical brief visits to check that the key elements of the self-assessment are in place.
Nothing is more important to us than family and that includes are extended family – our dedicated and much loved team. We have and will continue to do everything we can to protect them that includes new training and operating with new levels of health and hygiene. We will be checking in with our teams on a more regular basis to make sure everyone is well and feeling happy in the workplace.
We will be making sure on a daily basis that anyone who comes into work will be symptom-free and fit to do so.
Beyond our immediate team, we will be working with partners and suppliers to communicate our new procedures and process and make sure they’re complying too.