Keeping You Safe and Well
We can't wait to welcome you here at Wooda, but before we do, we'd be really grateful if you could please have a read of the following information to familiarise yourselves with our 'new normal' before you arrive. Our Useful Information also contains everything you'll need to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! Please follow the link below.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Team Wooda x
Welcome To Wooda
Following the relaxing of restrictions made by the Government on Monday 19th July 2021 and in line with Government guidance, we recommend and politely ask that our staff and customers continue to wear face coverings for the safety of everyone at Wooda. Across our site we will be retaining Perspex screens and hand-sanitising stations. We will also maintain all our hand-hygiene and deep-cleaning disciplines which have served us well since the start of the pandemic.
For touring and camping customers, our toilet and shower facilities are open; however we really do encourage you to use your own facilities where possible. There are a few rules surrounding the use of our facilities – please see the Touring and Camping section below.
Our takeaway is open from Thursday – Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday) serving delicious fish and chips, burgers, salads, pizzas and much more! The Courtyard Bar is also open but due to staff shortages, opening times may vary throughout your stay so please check the boards outside for daily opening times. If you would like to book a table at The Courtyard, please click here. Our Loft Cocktail Bar has now closed for the season.
Our outside facilities and activities are open as normal, including the gym and badminton court. The soft play area will remain closed. Tractor rides will take place on a Monday at 4pm. Below you will find more information about the facilities and activities that will be available to you throughout your stay. We will of course review the guidance as is necessary and update you here.
Our check-in process still remains contactless where possible, but we realise that for some this is a little bit daunting so rest assured our reception is still open and our friendly team are ready and waiting to welcome you to check in if that should be your preferred option.
As always, if you require any further information before, during or after your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help!
We can’t wait to welcome you soon!
Perfect Planning and Checking In
We want everyone to feel as safe as possible but still have a wonderful holiday so for us it’s all about perfect planning and being prepared! We hope we have thought of everything so you can relax and enjoy your break beside the sea! If you would like to ask us anything, please contact our reservations team who would be more than happy to help – 01288 352069.
We have designed an online check in process to enable you to enter your accommodation or find your pitch without having to visit reception. Please don’t worry though, reception will still be open between 8am – 6pm (9am on Sunday!) and you are still able to pop in or give us a call on 01288 352069. We are just trying to limit the footfall so if you are able to follow the instructions below to complete your online check in we would be super grateful.
How it will work:
Before You Arrive….
2 days before arrival: We’ll email you with everything you need to know about your break including which activities are open at Wooda and where you MUST visit whilst you’re on holiday in Cornwall. This email will also include the name of your accommodation or pitch number as well as a map of the Park so you can locate where you need to go.
As much as we realise you might like to have a pick of an alternative pitch or accommodation number, we regret that we are unable to offer this throughout July and August.
We invite you to use the check-in link to create your customer account. If you have not created a customer account with us before, you will have to go through a couple of steps to do so, including being sent a validation code. You will need to use this customer account to check in when you arrive at Wooda, so setting it up before arrival will save you some precious holiday time!
Step by step instructions to create your account;
- Click the link provided in your ‘pre arrival’ email. It will ask you to enter your booking reference or email address; it should be pre-filled, but if not then please be sure to enter your booking reference correctly, or use the email address you used when making your booking initially.
- If you have already created a customer account previous to receiving this email, it will take you through to your customer area. If you haven’t created a customer account before, you will be sent a validation code via email. Please enter this validation code into the relevant box once received. You should then be able to log in.
- PLEASE DO NOT CHECK IN UNTIL YOU ARE HERE AT WOODA. It is important you don’t complete your check in process until you arrive with us so we have an accurate record of who is onsite. The setting up of your customer account will save you time on arrival.
On the day of your arrival: we’ll send you a check-in email with a link (the same link as above) that will allow you to check-in online when you arrive with us. If you have already created your account, it should be a straight forward process. If you’d rather, you are welcome to call us on 01288 352069 to let us know you’re here. Its really important that you check in using either option so we know who is on-site.
We need to keep an accurate record of the exact numbers on site so please do NOT check in until you’ve arrived at Wooda.
We will also ask you to complete a short pre-stay health questionnaire to declare that no one in your party has any symptoms of coronavirus.
Accommodation Arrivals: You will have received your accommodation key code in your check in email (sent to you on the day of your arrival) which will allow you access to the key box outside your accommodation. We sincerely ask that you please, please do not arrive before 4pm on the day of your arrival – as tempting as this might be your accommodation WILL NOT be ready before 4pm on the day of your arrival.
Touring and Camping Arrivals: you are welcome to arrive from 12 noon onwards. You will have received your pitch number in your pre-arrival and check in emails.
All keys to holiday homes, cottages and lodges will be sanitised and left in key boxes at the front of your accommodation. You will receive your key code in your check in email sent to you on the day of your arrival. Your key code will be sent to you when your accommodation is ready. Please be patient, and PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 4PM. If you have any problems entering your accommodation, please call 01288 352069 and someone will be able to help you. On departure, please return your key to reception so we know your accommodation has been vacated before our cleaning teams enter. Your accommodation must be vacated before 10am on the day of your departure.
Check In Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-in is strictly from 4pm
Touring and Camping – Check-in from 12pm
Check Out Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-out is strictly by 10am. Please vacate your accommodation promptly to give our teams as much time as possible to clean.
Touring and Camping – Check-out by 10.30am.
If you or any member of your party has any symptoms of coronavirus during your stay, please follow Government guidance. If your test result is positive, we ask that you return home as soon as possible.
Touring and Camping
Toilet and Shower Facilities – OPEN
Our toilet and shower facilities are open. We realise they will have a high footfall and will be busy, particularly at certain times of the day. Therefore we politely ask that you use your own onboard facilities wherever possible, and to use an alternative block or return at a quieter time if you can. To allow us to operate the facility safely, we ask you to adhere to the following guidelines when using our facilities;
- Please follow social distancing guidelines at all times and sanitise your hands on entry and exit.
- We recommend you wear a face covering at all times (except for washing your face, cleaning your teeth or taking a shower of course!)
- We politely ask that if you find the block to be busy at the time you are visiting, to use an alternative, or if convenient, to return at a quieter time. We also encourage the use of your own onboard facilities where possible. If you do need to queue, we ask that you queue outside the building, keeping a safe social distance of 2m apart.
- Whilst there is always a risk associated with using shared facilities, we will make this as low as possible by following careful cleaning procedures and ask that you follow regular hand washing and sanitising too. We are operating a rigorous cleaning procedure, but in addition to this, we have added sanitising stations so that you are able to sanitise the facilities before and after use.
Please note that all children must always be accompanied by an adult when using the facilities.
ALL OUR FACILITIES WILL BE DEEP CLEANED DAILY AND CHECKED REGULARLY. FACILITIES WILL BE CLOSED WHEN CHECKS AND A DEEP CLEAN ARE TAKING PLACE.
Please note: the hairdryers and electric points will not be available to reduce the periods of time spent inside the blocks.
We have four family bathrooms on site and each is available to hire on exclusive basis for the duration of your stay – the charge for this is £15 per day. They must be booked for the duration of your stay. They will be available from 12pm on the day of your arrival and have to be vacated by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
To limit contact – the bathrooms will only be cleaned by our teams on departure but cleaning products will be available for you to use as you wish. If you would like to book a bathroom, please call 01288 352069.
These are available for your own use. Please sanitise your hands before and after use using the hand sanitiser provided. Please also wipe down the sink after each use.
The laundrette will be open daily. We also ask that you use hand sanitiser before entry and we recommend you wear a face covering too.
Elsan Points and Motorhome Emptying Points
These facilities will be available as normal and will be cleaned and checked regularly.
Keep Your Distance
Set in 100-acres of farmland, space is something we and our guests are very used to but in higher footfall areas we have introduced new measures to help keep everyone a safe distance apart. Even though we realise that this is no longer a legal requirement, we will be keeping these measures in place.
You’ll find that:
- Public areas have been re-designed to maintain social distancing
- There will be a limit to the number of people permitted in The Farm Shop at any one time – and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Face coverings are recommended for all persons over the age of 11 when using The Farm Shop. Contactless payment is preferred but cash will be accepted.
- Reception will also be operating a limited footfall so please feel free to give us a call on 01288 352069 if you require any assistance throughout your stay and we will be more than happy to help.
We have always prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our accommodation and facilities but now we’re taking it to the next level with a focus on key risk areas such as toilet and shower facilities. Our cleaning regimes will not be changing, even though restrictions have been lifted.
You will also find hand sanitiser points across the park and we ask that these are used regularly. We’re also becoming a cash free zone so please use contactless cards where possible when paying.
- On check-out each of our holiday homes, lodges and cottages will be deep cleaned and sanitised with extra care taken at high-touch points
- When departing accommodation we ask that you leave the windows open if the weather allows you to do so. We would also be grateful if you could strip the beds, placing your used bedding in the yellow bin bag provided.
- All linen, towels and bedding will be washed to Government advised standards at a 60°C+ temperature this kills all known bacteria and viruses. In our holiday homes, linen will be left for you to make up your beds. Please feel free to bring your own linen if you would like to. The beds will be made up in our holiday cottages, and Gwelva Hills lodges.
- Check-in time is strictly 4pm to give us extra time to clean, unless we contact you and invite you to arrive earlier.
- We will be using highest grade of cleaning products on the market and the same products used by the NHS that kill all viruses, bacteria, spores, mould, fungi, yeast and biofilms. The kill rate is 99.99998% or Log Kill 7. The antiviral sprays will be used throughout all areas of accommodation including all surfaces, door handles, switches, remote controls, window handles, furniture, all kitchen appliances including cutlery and the drawers as well as wardrobes and cupboards. All soft furnishings, mattresses and bedding will also be sanitised.
- Hand sanitiser with 70% alcohol will be stationed throughout the site – please use regularly and remember to wash your hands with soap as often as possible to keep yourself and loved ones safe. We also advise you bring your own hand sanitiser with you to use when you’re out and about. It is also available to purchase from the Farm Shop. We ask all persons over the age of 11 wear face coverings in all public inside spaces, such as the reception, shop, launderette and toilet and shower facilities, following Government guidance.
Food & Drink
We are huge foodies and love nothing more than enjoying al fresco suppers, sunset drinks with loved ones and tucking into homemade dishes but we’ve had to change a few things.
- The Courtyard is open as usual, you can book your table here! Please be sure to read all the information before making your booking. The Courtyard is currently open serving food from Wednesday evening through to Saturday evening, and drinks only on Monday and Tuesday evenings. It is closed on a Sunday.
- The Loft Cocktail Bar has now closed for the season.
- The Lodge Takeaway is open daily (except Tuesday & Wednesday) from 5pm – please click here to view the menu and place your order. The lodge will be offering a selection of family favourites, specials, beers and wines.
All food orders for the Takeaway must be made in advance via the website, or you are able to call to place your order when the takeaway is open by calling on 01288 352144.
Careful cleaning procedures will of course be followed at all times.
Our local pub, The Preston Gate Inn, is within walking distance of Wooda. Please see their website or give them a call on 01288 354017 for more information or to book a table.
All our activities are now open, apart from our toddler indoor play area.
Tennis Court: Open – £5 per hour. Please call reception on 01288 352069 to book your timeslot. Equipment is available to hire, or you are welcome to bring your own rackets and balls. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Pitch ‘n’ Putt: Open and free of charge if you have your own equipment; £3 per person per round if hiring our equipment. You are welcome to use the course at your own risk. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Woodlands: Open – they provide an amazing space for everyone to enjoy. The mountain bike trail, pixie walk, nature trail will all be open. You will even find another tree house within the woods but it’s exact location is top secret so you’ll have to go on a hike to find it!
Fishing Lake: Open. Your own equipment must be provided, and the lake is used entirely at your own risk. Please be sure to purchase a permit from reception if you are intending on using the lake so we can keep a record of the number of people using it at any one time. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Segways: Open – new for this season. Do you dare? Please click here for more information.
The Farm Animals – always ready and waiting to say hi – they’ve missed everyone! Don’t forget to say hi to our new pigmy goats, Apricot and Flo! The Alpacas will be ready and waiting to say hi too! You’ll find them by strolling a little way into the woodland – they love overlooking the fishing lake!
Badminton Court: open daily. £5 per hour – please book at reception. Equipment is available to hire or you are welcome to bring your own. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Gym: The Gym is now open.
Soft Play: We regret that the soft play will remain closed throughout the 2021 season.
Tractor and Trailer Rides: Every Monday at 4pm. Meet by the children’s play area. The use of hand sanitiser and wearing of face coverings is strongly encouraged before climbing aboard the trailer!
Wellness at Wooda: Open by appointment. Please click here for more information.
Please note: We reserve the right to close, alter or restrict, the usage of any of the parks facilities or activities without prior notice to ensure we comply with Government guidelines and health and safety measures. Our Guests and Staff members health and safety will always be our priority and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding should activities and facilities be restricted during your stay.
Our reception staff will be ready and waiting at the end of the phone to answer any queries you may have whilst you’re staying with us but there will be some changes –
- Reception will be open from 8am – 6pm daily (9am on Sunday!), with a limited footfall. You are also able to call on 01288 352069 if you require any assistance throughout your stay. The phones will be manned from 8am – 7pm, Monday to Friday. Please use the emergency contact numbers in the window of reception if you require any assistance outside of these times.
- Check-in and out will take place online, but if you’d prefer, you are welcome to come into reception too.
The Farm Shop
Our well-stocked farm shop will be on hand for all your daily essentials and this year we have added even more products to help alleviate the pressure on the local supermarkets, as we imagine these will be very busy and who wants to be stuck in a supermarket queue when you’re on holiday – no one!
- A limited number of people will be allowed in the shop at any one time
- Please use the hand sanitiser upon entry and exit
- If needed, please queue outside and make sure you’re 2 metres apart
- Strictly ALL children must be accompanied by an adult
- Contactless payment is encouraged
- Fresh bakery items will still be provided and individually wrapped but unfortunately we won’t be selling daily newspapers.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
The Farm Shop will be open from 8am (9am on Sunday) until 7pm daily.
This year, we are delighted to have introduced Welcome Hampers. These can be requested at the time of booking. You can also email us email@example.com or give us a call on 01288 352069 to add one to your reservation, or add one at the time of making your reservation if you are super organised!
We will accept online supermarket deliveries but ask that you make sure you’re contactable and onsite to receive your delivery.
Elsie and Rose
Brand new for 2021, Elsie and Rose is a beautiful gift and homeware shop situated at the farm just next to The Loft Cocktail Bar and Sports Barn.
It is the perfect place to pick up gifts for loved ones and things to remind you of your holiday at Wooda!
Elsie and Rose is open
Wednesday – 5pm – 7pm
Thursday – 5pm – 7pm
Friday – 5pm – 7pm
Saturday – 5pm – 7pm
Sunday – 5pm – 7pm
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – Closed
If you see something that takes your fancy in Elsie & Rose but the shop isnt open, please feel free to give Kerry a call on 07855 029865 and she would be more than happy for you to view by appointment.
Please be sure to double check the boards outside the shop and play area as opening times might vary throughout your stay. We politely ask that when visiting, you use hand sanitiser upon entry, and we encourage the wearing of a face covering too! All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Kerry very much looks forward to welcoming you! x
Children's Play Areas
The children’s play area will be open but we are asking that everyone uses the hand sanitiser stations positioned at the entrance – please use on entry and exit. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please refrain from using the play area after 9.30pm.
Our 'New' Normal
We've always taken health and safety seriously but the new normal calls for new measures and we've enhanced our procedures and protocols in response.
We run a totally re-designed operation to reduce the risk of virus transmission
We clean and sanitise to industry-leading standards
We use PPE across our site, work at distance and remote work where possible to protect our staff and visitors
Measures For Reducing Risk
We’re Good To Go
The “We’re Good To Go” industry standard mark is a self-assessment scheme that has been designed by VisitEngland in partnership with the national tourist organisations Tourism Northern Ireland, Visit Scotland and Visit Wales to provide a ‘ring of confidence’ for all sectors of the tourism industry, as well as reassurance to visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing.
We’re proud to say We’re Good To Go which means –
- Covid-19 protect processes are in place
- Employees are briefed and trained accordingly
- Risk Assessments for COVID-19 have been carried out
- Key guidelines including social distancing and cleanliness are adhered to
Spot checks at random will be carried out by Visit England to make sure us and all other businesses within the Good To Go scheme are complying to regulations. There will be no advance warning and these checks will be a mixture of telephone and physical brief visits to check that the key elements of the self-assessment are in place.
Nothing is more important to us than family and that includes are extended family – our dedicated and much loved team. We have and will continue to do everything we can to protect them that includes new training and operating with new levels of health and hygiene. We will be checking in with our teams on a more regular basis to make sure everyone is well and feeling happy in the workplace.
We will be making sure on a daily basis that anyone who comes into work will be symptom-free and fit to do so.
Beyond our immediate team, we will be working with partners and suppliers to communicate our new procedures and process and make sure they’re complying too.