Keeping You Safe and Well
We can't wait to welcome you here at Wooda! Even though the pandemic has now ended, we still want to keep you as safe as possible whilst you're here on holiday. Please have a read and familiarise yourselves with the information below before you arrive with us. Our Useful Information also contains everything you'll need to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! Please follow the link below.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Team Wooda x
Welcome To Wooda
Even though the pandemic has drawn to a close, the safety of our staff and customers remains paramount. We will continue to adopt a number of measures to make sure you stay as safe as possible. Across our site we will be retaining Perspex screens and hand-sanitising stations. We will also maintain all our hand-hygiene and deep-cleaning disciplines which have served us well since the start of the pandemic.
For touring and camping customers, our toilet and shower facilities are open and will be continuously checked and deep-cleaned daily.
Our Courtyard Bar, Lodge Takeaway, Loft Cocktail Bar & Coffee House and Farm Shop are all open as normal; please see the food and drink page for more information.
Our outside facilities and activities are now all open as normal, including the gym and badminton court. Tractor rides will commence throughout the season, along with our weekly Yoga session that takes place on a Monday evening at 6pm.
Our check-in process still remains contactless if you would like it to be, or if you prefer, our friendly team are ready and waiting to welcome you to check in at reception.
As always, if you require any further information before, during or after your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help!
We can’t wait to welcome you soon!
Perfect Planning and Checking In
We want everyone to feel as safe as possible but still have a wonderful holiday so for us it’s all about perfect planning and being prepared! We hope we have thought of everything so you can relax and enjoy your break beside the sea! If you would like to ask us anything, please contact our reservations team who would be more than happy to help – 01288 352069.
In the height of the pandemic, contactless check-in was encouraged which enables you to enter your accommodation or find your pitch without having to visit reception. This option is still available, but if you would prefer, reception will be open between 8am – 6pm daily (8am – 7pm during school holiday periods and 9am on Sundays!) so you are welcome to check in here too. Our friendly team are ready and waiting to answer any questions or queries you might have, or to provide information and assistance throughout your stay so please don’t hesitate to pop in, or give us a call on 01288 352069.
How our arrival process works:
Before You Arrive….
2 days before arrival: We’ll email you with everything you need to know about your break including which activities are open at Wooda and where you must visit whilst you’re on holiday in Cornwall. This email will also include the name of your accommodation or pitch number as well as a map of the Park so you can locate where you need to go.
As much as we realise you might like to have a pick of an alternative pitch or accommodation number, we regret that we are unable to offer this throughout July and August.
We invite you to use the check-in link to create your customer account. If you have not created a customer account with us before, you will have to go through a couple of steps to do so, including being sent a validation code. You have the option to use this customer account to check in when you arrive at Wooda, so setting it up before arrival will save you some precious holiday time!
Step by step instructions to create your account;
- Click the link provided in your ‘pre arrival’ email. It will ask you to enter your booking reference or email address; it should be pre-filled, but if not then please be sure to enter your booking reference correctly, or use the email address you used when making your booking initially.
- If you have already created a customer account previous to receiving this email, it will take you through to your customer area. If you haven’t created a customer account before, you will be sent a validation code via email. Please enter this validation code into the relevant box once received. You should then be able to log in.
- PLEASE DO NOT CHECK IN UNTIL YOU ARE HERE AT WOODA. It is important you don’t complete your check in process until you arrive with us so we have an accurate record of who is onsite. The setting up of your customer account will save you time on arrival.
- You can also use your customer account to pay your balance, and book activities before you arrive with us.
On the day of your arrival: we’ll send you a check-in email with a link (the same link as above) that will allow you to check-in online when you arrive with us. If you have already created your account, it should be a straight forward process. If you’d rather, you are welcome to come into reception or call us on 01288 352069 to let us know you’re here. Its really important that you check in using either option so we know who is on-site.
We need to keep an accurate record of the exact numbers on site so please do NOT check in until you’ve arrived at Wooda.
Accommodation Arrivals: You will have received your accommodation key code in your check in email (sent to you on the day of your arrival) which will allow you access to the key box outside your accommodation. We sincerely ask that you please, please do not arrive before 4pm on the day of your arrival – as tempting as this might be we need to allow our teams time to prepare your accommodation perfectly!
Touring and Camping Arrivals: you are welcome to arrive from 12 noon onwards. You will have received your pitch number in your pre-arrival and check in emails. You are also welcomed into reception to pick up a park plan, and our team can assist you with finding your pitch if you are unsure where you are going!
You will find the keys to your accommodation in a key box at the front of your accommodation. You will receive your key code in your check in email sent to you on the day of your arrival. Your key code will be sent to you when your accommodation is ready. If you have any problems entering your accommodation, please call 01288 352069 or pop into reception and someone will be able to help you. On departure, please return your key to reception so we know your accommodation has been vacated before our cleaning teams enter. Your accommodation must be vacated before 10am on the day of your departure.
Check In Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-in from 4pm
Touring and Camping – Check-in from 12pm
Check Out Times
For Holiday Homes (static caravans), Gwelva Hills Lodges and The Cottages (Brambles, Tregea and Pebbles) – Check-out by 10am.
Touring and Camping – Check-out by 10.30am.
Touring and Camping
Toilet and Shower Facilities
Our toilet and shower facilities are open, cleaned and checked regularly throughout the day by our team.
- We know face coverings are no longer mandatory, but we invite you to wear a face covering should you wish to do so when using these facilities.
- We politely ask that if you find the block to be busy at the time you are visiting, to use an alternative, or if convenient, to return at a quieter time.
- Whilst there is always a risk associated with using shared facilities, we will make this as low as possible by following careful cleaning procedures and ask that you follow regular hand washing and sanitising too. We are operating a rigorous cleaning procedure as always.
Please note that all children must always be accompanied by an adult when using the facilities.
ALL OUR FACILITIES WILL BE DEEP CLEANED DAILY AND CHECKED REGULARLY. FACILITIES WILL BE CLOSED WHEN CHECKS AND A DEEP CLEAN ARE TAKING PLACE.
We have four family bathrooms on site and each is available to hire on exclusive basis for the duration of your stay – the charge for this is £10 per day. They must be booked for the duration of your stay. They will be available from 12pm on the day of your arrival and have to be vacated by 10.30am on the day of your departure.
The bathrooms will only be cleaned by our teams on departure but cleaning products will be available for you to use as you wish. If you would like to book a bathroom, please call 01288 352069.
These are available for your own use. Please wipe down the sink after each use.
The laundrette is open daily. Hand sanitiser is present outside of all our facilities for your use.
Elsan Points and Motorhome Emptying Points
These facilities will be available as normal and will be cleaned and checked regularly.
We have always prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our accommodation and facilities but we’re continuing to take it to the next level with a focus on key risk areas such as toilet and shower facilities. Our cleaning regimes will not be changing, even though restrictions have been lifted.
You will also find hand sanitiser points across the park and we ask that these are used regularly. We’re also becoming a cash free zone so please use contactless cards where possible when paying.
- On check-out each of our holiday homes, lodges and cottages are cleaned and sanitised with extra care taken at high-touch points
- When departing accommodation we ask that you leave the windows open if the weather allows you to do so. We would also be grateful if you could strip the beds of linen.
- All linen, towels and bedding will be washed to Government advised standards at a 60°C+ temperature as this kills all known bacteria and viruses. All the beds will be made up in our accommodation ready for your arrival, so if you would prefer to bring your own bedding please let us know so we can inform our cleaning teams ahead of your arrival.
- Check-in time is strictly 4pm to give us extra time to clean, unless we contact you and invite you to arrive earlier.
- We will still be using highest grade of cleaning products on the market and the same products used by the NHS that kill all viruses, bacteria, spores, mould, fungi, yeast and biofilms. The kill rate is 99.99998% or Log Kill 7. The antiviral sprays will be used throughout all areas of accommodation including all surfaces, door handles, switches, remote controls, window handles, furniture, all kitchen appliances including cutlery and the drawers as well as wardrobes and cupboards. All soft furnishings, mattresses and bedding will also be sanitised.
- Hand sanitiser with 70% alcohol will be stationed throughout the site – please continue to use this regularly and remember to wash your hands with soap as often as possible to keep yourself and loved ones safe. We also advise you bring your own hand sanitiser with you to use when you’re out and about. It is also available to purchase from the Farm Shop.
Food & Drink
The Courtyard, The Lodge and The Loft takeaway are all now open. Opening days and times will vary…please see the food and drink page for more information. You are still welcome to book a table at The Courtyard and order your takeaway online if you’d like, but we will now be inviting walk-ins and taking orders from the window of The Lodge rather than all online or over the telephone.
Our local pub, The Preston Gate Inn, is within walking distance of Wooda and also serves a great selection of food and beverages. Please see their website or give them a call on 01288 354017 for more information or to book a table.
All our activities are now open, apart from our toddler indoor play area – please bear with us, we are currently looking for its new home!
Tennis Court: Open – £5 per hour. Please call reception on 01288 352069 to book your timeslot. Equipment is available to hire (£10 deposit required), or you are welcome to bring your own rackets and balls. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Pitch ‘n’ Putt: £3 per person per round. Equipment can be hired from reception. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Woodlands: Open – they provide an amazing space for everyone to enjoy. The mountain bike trail, pixie walk, nature trail will all be open. You will even find another tree house within the woods but it’s exact location is top secret so you’ll have to go on a hike to find it!
Fishing Lake: Open. Your own equipment must be provided, and the lake is used entirely at your own risk. Please be sure to purchase a permit from reception if you are intending on using the lake so we can keep a record of the number of people using it at any one time. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times.
Segways: Open – and a great adventure for the whole family! Please click here for more information.
The Farm Animals – always ready and waiting to say hi – they’ve missed everyone! Don’t forget to say hi to our new pigmy goats, Apricot and Flo! The Alpacas will be ready and waiting to say hi too! You’ll find the Alpacas by strolling a little way into the woodland – they love overlooking the fishing lake! We have also had their wool spun…be sure to pop into Elsie and Rose to purchase yourself an alpaca knitted with the wool from our very own alpacas!!
Badminton Court: open daily. £5 per hour – please book at reception. Equipment is available to hire or you are welcome to bring your own. Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Gym: open daily. £5 per hour – please book at reception.
Soft Play: We have re-homed our resident artist, Sue Read, to make way for our brand new ‘Coffee Lounge’ coming at the end of May 2022! We are currently seeking out a new home for the soft/toddler play so please bear with us! In the meantime, we have a brand NEW outside children’s play area with a fantastic area for little ones – be sure to pack your waterproofs and wellies and you’ll be ready to explore in all weathers!
Tractor and Trailer Rides: The first ride will take place on Monday 11th April! Meet at the BRAND NEW children’s play area at 4pm for an adventure around the farm!
Wellness at Wooda: Open by appointment. Please click here for more information.
Archery will be operating on a Monday and Wednesday evening throughout the school holiday periods.
Please note: We reserve the right to close, alter or restrict, the usage of any of the parks facilities or activities without prior notice. Our Guests and Staff members health and safety will always be our priority and we thank you in advance for your patience and understanding should activities and facilities be restricted during your stay.
Our friendly reception team are looking forward to welcoming you back into reception! They will be on hand, ready and waiting to answer your questions or queries, or check you in as before. We still have our Perspex screens though and invite you to use hand sanitiser too. A wide selection of leaflets and information is on offer, along with the equipment for all the sports activities.
- Reception will be open from 8am – 6pm daily (8am – 7pm in school holiday periods and 9am on a Sunday!). Please use the emergency contact numbers in the window of reception if you require any assistance outside of these times.
- There is the option to check-in online if you’d like to, but you are more than welcome to come into reception too!
The Farm Shop
Our well-stocked farm shop will be on hand for all your daily essentials, including a wide range of beers and wines, gifts, confectionary and a daily bakery delivery too!
All the restrictions that were in place have now been lifted, but we still invite you to….
- Please use the hand sanitiser upon entry and exit
- Please accompany all children
- Pay via a contactless payment method
- Please wear a face covering, although this is now not mandatory.
Please note that we will not return to offering newpapers as the demand for this unfortunately isn’t high enough.
The Farm Shop will be open from 8am (9am on Sunday) until 6pm daily.
We are delighted to be able to provide you with Welcome Hampers. These can be requested at the time of booking. You can also email us email@example.com or give us a call on 01288 352069 to add one to your reservation, or add one at the time of making your reservation if you are super organised!
We will accept online supermarket deliveries but ask that you make sure you’re contactable and onsite to receive your delivery. This is really important – otherwise our team will be enjoying all your delicious goodies for themselves!!
Elsie and Rose
Elsie and Rose is a beautiful gift and homeware shop situated at the farm just next to The Loft and Sports Barn.
It is the perfect place to pick up gifts for loved ones and things to remind you of your holiday at Wooda!
From the 26th March, Elsie & Rose is now open to view by appointment so please feel free to give Kerry a call on 07855 029865 and she would be more than happy for you to visit at a time convenient to yourselves. From 28th May – 4th June, Elsie & Rose will be open daily between 11am – 1pm, and 4pm – 8pm.
We politely ask that when visiting, you use hand sanitiser upon entry, and we encourage the wearing of a face covering too! All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Kerry very much looks forward to welcoming you! x
Children's Play Area (BRAND NEW FOR 2022!!)
Our children’s play area has had the most exciting refurbishment yet!! It is now bigger and better than ever, and with a fantastic range of play equipment for the little ones too, it really does provide something for everyone.
Hand sanisiting stations are still present so we encourage the use of these on entry and exit. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times, and please refrain from using the play area after 9.30pm to respect the guests holidaying around you.